Sunday 12 September 2010

Silly Socks

During my stay in Scotland I made a pair of silly socks and then I had a thought  hang on I would like to make another super silly pair of socks. I know the concept of me having a thought can be a dangerous situation and can have earth shattering dangerous consequences.

Chart 1 of the Rav Tav Socks

So feeling emboldened by managing to get one pair of colour work socks done. I felt that I would design another pair of silly socks based on the gang in the Rav Tav. So for the last couple of weeks when ever I have had an opportunity to play in meetings where knitting is frowned upon I have been doodling with a purpose. Normally I doodle in meetings without a purpose and manage to total zone out thanks to not having the knitting to help with my concentration. Some people actually complain about by constant movement and my high distractibility.  Hello sunshine I knit for a reason..... something about being in perpetual motion...  

Chart 2 of the Rav Tav Socks
So now that I have done the charts I am gearing up to do the test knitting of the pattern and to make sure my first draft of the pattern is up to scratch enough to get a couple of sock test knitters to give it a go.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks great. I can't believe you can design your own knitting patterns!

    Can't wait to see the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between maths with Mrs Toohey and Art in Joigny something had to pay off. The amount of doodling I do in boring meetings that go for over an hour that are rehashing and not coming to agreement is pretty high.

    Many of my meetings chairs need a dose of Mrs Andrews to learn how to chair a meeting. Do you remember her? Cliped sentences and short meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I had Mrs Andrews.

    I remember Mrs Dobronov (?) and hi-jacking Social Maths lessons and teaching the class on her behalf ... I think she welcomed it!

    Mrs Andrews taught English? I think it depended upon whose Form Class you were in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not have Mrs Dobronov as I was silly bugger doing Chem, Geography, Physics and Maths I.

    Mrs Andrew was my English teacher and she was my yr12 form teacher as well.

    ReplyDelete