Monday 2 August 2010

Count down to our holidays and Knitcamp

I am still knitting on the Capotis, it is going very, very slowly. It is a race to see if I will make it for the afternoon tea next week on Monday. I am still in Section 3 while my tea party colleague conspirator has finished hers and blocked it. I am lumbering along on the Clapotis like a hippo.

A Pretty hippo
 definitely not me.

The rest of the family are getting excited about the holidays and getting away from the house. But between now and then I have to do some of that dreaded stuff called housework. Sorry to swear but I really don't want to come home and then have to do it. That will mean I will have the dreaded housework hanging over me while I am away and it will effect my holiday.   I could find some archaeologically important artefacts in the kids room but more likely it will be junk. I wish I could find some Egyptian statues like the one below.
No chance of a statue for me.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, definitely do the housework ... there'd be nothing worse than coming home to a house which needs cleaning.

    Hippo's kind of cute! You could find loose change in the kids' rooms?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loose change what planet are you on. Or have you been smelling that Eames plastic for too long? My kids rattle us for loose change and notes quiet frequently , they get more expensive as they get older. Sometimes I feel like a Reed Warbler with two cuckoos in her nest.

    ReplyDelete