Friday 9 July 2010

Blocking like Crazy

After knitting a number of shawls I just had not got round to blocking them.  Why the old factors of time and space along in the case of one shawl total disappointment and a fit of rage.  That shawl was going in the bin I had thrown it across the room as I was  so cross with it.

On Wednesday I blocked them.  On Thursday I roped the daughter in for a fashion show and photos. I actually got the photos uploaded and the project pages on Ravelry were updated.

First Cab of the rank is the RavTav Bitteroot that we knitted as a KAL back in March.



Next on the photo parade is April KAL with Zoec - the Haruni.


The Haruni redeemed itself from the corner of shame when it dried.  It was a miraculous stretching effect that occurred when the pattern opened up and suddenly this shawl was growing and growing to a lovely size.

2 comments:

  1. Very clever! I'm completely impressed with your shawls. I don't know how you find the time, but I bet they're relaxing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relaxing would be an interesting way to describe the urge to throw circulars with a work in progress (WIP) across the room in a fit of frustration.

    ReplyDelete