Tuesday 12 April 2011

O Frabjous Day!

"And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
He chortled in his joy.

From the Jabberwocky poem by Lewis Carroll 1871.

Two of my doctorate students have been awarded their PhDs we have even been given which graduation ceremony they will be presented with their bonnets. We are still waiting to hear if the viva recommended alterations of another have been accepted and then watch out it will be party time.  Looks like I will have to be going to several awards ceremonies come July again.

I will also have to get knitting for there are a couple of new babies on the horizon and of course the graduation presents for undergraduates and the wives of the PhD students. Damn I am so far behind with the list. Ciao! as I need to get cracking.

No comments:

Post a Comment