I am running out of time on MIA 2 we have T minus 6 hours until she jets off to Greece on the school trip. I have half of two sleeves left to do along with sewing it up, doing the neck band and blocking it. I also have to finish sewing the lining into the skirt. With this shockingly short time frame before she walks out the door I just don't think it is going to happen so I am activating plan C for contingency. I am slightly delusional but not totally.
|Two fronts done.|
As per normal when you have a deadline life has interrupted and having the great effect of dumping me on my arse. I should have taken this project with me when I spent the 8 hours + waiting round the Southport hospital last week but I grabbed the easy grab my sock in progress bag. I am also pretty sure the hubby would have spat the dummy at me knitting a jumper while in A&E. Sock is acceptable but full-sized large project in public a little embarrassing for him in most places.
|Blocking of the MIA 1 project, Carnaby Skirt|
- Finish inserting the lining into the skirt and making sure buttons are firmly attached.
- Step out of the way and let hubby and daughter do the packing of her bags. Homicide is not an option but could be on the cards if I am involved in packing bags with daughter.
- Knit on sleeves but don't try and kill self to complete them tonight.
- Find an ice pack and bottle of rum for after daughter leaves at 2am tomorrow.
- Send text message to daughter tomorrow and remind her I want a decent photo of her in the skirt in Greece.