Tuesday 30 November 2010

Oh it is shiney.

When I finally came through the front door this evening after leaving the house some 18 hours earlier I reminded my dearly beloved that it was a bad bad thing to let me loose any where near a yarn provider when I had craptastic work day when he commented on the additional parcels I had under my arm. The instinct to comfort shop hits me especially when the yarn pusher has something in one of my favourite jewel colours in one of my favourite yarn brands and at half price.

I can not say what this yarn is for but... but ... but I just had to have the soft pretty 50% silk and 50% merino wool yarn. It is soft and slinky and I have enough meterage for a garment. I was good in one way cause I could have come home with another three packets but naughty in another as I have enough yarn in my stash to last me at least a year not including the amount of fibre I have to spin into yarn. I really don't like having my stash box over flowing as I try to be reasonable about my addiction. This year since I have taken up spinning I have had to add another plastic box to store my fibre and fleece issues (4 fleeces from Scotland) so I have been trying to maintain my stash addiction at a semi-reasonable level.  Well what I consider reasonable for me.  I have tried to limit my yarn to one plastic crate since I have completely failed in the past with fabric.

The coal bunker stash
My failure of managing the fabric stash can be seen in the picture above of the coal bunker stash cupboard. Two large plastic crates live in that space behind the chair is normally where I keep my yarn and fibre stashes.  I probably should not have told you that considering some of the yarnies I know who know where I live.  

3 comments:

  1. Ooh! Even to me silk and merino wool combination sounds absolutely heavenly!

    I stress shop too ... but I don't buy wool! Well, I probably do but it'd be in the form of jumpers!

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After yesterday it was a case of give me soft lovely wool to hold or I might of handed someone their head back to on a platter. That would so not be good for me especially if I took my stress out on the Dean. Never a good idea to piss of the demigods of your organisation. But I did manage another 10,000 word day however the quailty is probably complete dribble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS if I get some sunlight on Saturday I will get a photo of the silk merino stress buying package

    ReplyDelete