Wednesday 27 October 2010

Purple people eater

Monday night I plyed the Bramble that I had missed and I thought I had some BFL in the Fibre stash but I found another purple toned roving and went that is what I want to spin tonight. I ended up spinning some Downland which the dyer called "Crush". It has some very Berry tones. I certainly must have been on a purple jag cause I appear to have a lot of purple tonal fibre in my stash I think you can call me the purple people eater cause I certainly being flying or my little wheel has been flying. So the Crush was spun and plied.

Bramble
Tuesday night again it was a case of keeping off the knitting needles and getting into a bit of a spinning jag. So the little wheel and I went out to knit night and I think I may have kick started another spinner. I have a done another couple of singles in the Frangipani and some Sugar Plum Fairy. I plied up the Frangipani at knit night and also came away with the raffle for the second week in a row.  I now have a very nice booklet that I need to make sure that the children and in particular the green monster ala daughter does not get her beady eyes on. There are a number of items including a hat that I can see daughter going please mum for.

Berry Crush
Tonight I think once I finished plying the Sugar Plum Fairy I might be looking for something else to spin.

2 comments:

  1. They look lovely and organic. Each has their own personality, really.

    Are they balls of yarn? Twists of yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are skeins. They are like coils of rope which are then twisted and looped to stop it getting tangled. You coil it on a swift or around the back of two dinning chairs or even the hubby's hands . When I want to use it I will then ball it up.

    ReplyDelete