Sunday 13 December 2009

Did I speak too soon?

This week I managed to finish a number of projects and after the realization that I was not prepared or organized enough for Christmas thought Ok you have done enough.

The Christmas knitting list appeared to be finished, so cool bananas, I went ahead and tweeted that I had finished my Xmas knitting. I should of known that I was tempting fate.

Friday night I came home from work to find out that the Boys of our household had opened the latest copy of Yarn Forward as it was a special for men. They each blamed the other and then promptly turned around to place a request for a specific item each.  Screws like the brown eyes of the dog who will do it on the command for his boyo were turned on and applied.  The boyo, Rh, then turned the screws that little bit further with the impossible request of “I would really really like this for Christmas please.”

I knew I was tempting fate. So now I have the great unachievable demand, which of course I am going to attempt to do.

Why do we do this to ourselves? Do we all have sad masochistic tendencies, where we like to inflict pain on ourselves and those around us when we attempt knitting deadlines that are completely unrealistic.

So with the said pattern from a brand new magazine I attempt to find the yarn to start on this request. OMG it is a discontinued yarn and it is the latest magazine come on guys give me a break. I have two weeks to go. 13 days to go I find a replacement wool which I can:potentially have delivered before Xmas and pay for without losing an arm and a leg.

Now I have to get a colour choice out of the planned recipient. I go through the story of I'm sorry but I can not do it just like the picture cause the yarn is no longer made but I can do it out of this yarn while presenting Rh the colour chart. Mum it is too early in the morning WTF this is the child who has from birth been the earliest riser in this household. Is this the child who used to scream to get out of his cot at 5:30 am in the morning or WHAT???? Breakfast comes and goes - Rh is tinkering on a computer and still I cannot get a decision out of him. I tootle off to work and come back again and he still has not made a decision. I am now down to 12 days and still I not got a colour and my knitting time availability is shrinking down to zero.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it is to get the colour selection out of teenage child so you can attempt to knit his requested hoodie jumper in time for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment