Thursday 13 January 2011

We dont know where he are???

I had written him a letter which I had, for want of better knowledge,
sent to where I met him down the Lachlan, years ago,
He was shearing when I knew him, 
so I sent the letter to him,
Just on spec, addressed as follows, "Clancy, of The Overflow"

And an answer came directed in a writing unexpected,
(And I think the same was written with a thumb-nail dipped in tar)
Twas his shearing mate who wrote it,
and verbatim I will quote it:
"Clancy's gone to Queensland droving, and we don't know where he are."
except for A.B 'Banjo' Patterson's "Clancy of the Overflow" 1889


In the recent floods there are still people missing. Have a thought and if you can please support the QLD Premier's Disaster relief fund. We have been missing our sleep since we have been online and on the phones trying to get all the details of the extended family in SE QLD.  Knitting this week was forgotten about especially when my cousin called and was letting me in on the gossip about what was happening in her neck of the woods including how much water.  I am still also searching from some yarn which was supposed to be in my stash box but has seemed to disappeared.  I need more time in my day as I have to finish a couple of items before the next week so I will be knitting like the clappers.

No comments:

Post a Comment