Wednesday 3 August 2011

Zig Zag socks

So that is another pair of socks down.  I really did not like the colour changes in the Zig Zag. Now have half a ball of it but I will be good and use it. I have a test knit and it is the right weight. I don't think the colour change will be supportive for the cables in the pattern but why not have a test knit to prove that variegated yarns are not suitable for the pattern. I could be completely wrong but it somehow I don't think I will be.

The stash down is continuing as I am now looking at what yarn we have left and what I can use it for. I also need to get some items done for the autumn. My God woman England is the middle of the warmest three days of the year and you are already thinking about autumn.... I  know I know but you have to be prepared. I am also planning to catch up with my A-Z knitting but I need another knitting project which is not 2.50 mm needles.

6 comments:

  1. I quite like the colours in the socks :)
    I knitted a pair recently that were almost identical but with Opal sock yarn and they were snapped up very quickly!

    Hehe, thinking about autumn knits here too, so much better of a season for a yarn lover ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colours it is just the short colour change which I dont like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your socks look great! I know what you mean about the short bits of color. I much prefer a long stretch of color so that the sock looks striped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour but I cant get a model here in the house cause we are all bigger than a size 3.5 Ladies. I will be giving them away to friend who loves them. Daughter is looking at the current sock test knit and going they wont fit me. No cause I am doing them in WIDE and you are a NARROW. The things I do to get a pair of socks for me in this house. Why is it that my kids assume that everything I knit is for them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Warmest three days in England... how warm is that? =) We have been over 100 F for a couple of weeks now (38 - 43F) =][

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was being slightly sarky about the weather here. It made it above 25C for about three days before dropping below 18C again. If the sun shines more than three days in a row round ere they start talking about a heat wave.

    ReplyDelete