Saturday 12 June 2010

Haruni

In the last 12 months I believe that I have over come my fear of lace and I would describe myself as a lace knitter now.  I have done a fair bit of lace knitting and seemed to stopped crocheting lace.  But my current lace project is the first one I have been disappointed in..... is it that I have become more technical in my knitting or just that I am not getting the bang for my buck that I have got out of other projects.  While I have knitted for many years I still consider myself to be an average knitter and try to set goals for improving my skills.  I have cast off the Haruni  and I would warn anyone the icord knitted bind off takes hours. Some how all my crochet hooks have done a wonder off some where in this tip of a house.



The Haruni is shawl number 5 so I am halfway down on my New Years challenge for 2010.  I have another couple of shawls to knit.  I think I have about 10 shawl project bags already made up and my ravelry queue has about 250 shawls.


For next year I am trying to sort out which will be my next challenge.  I know it is not already half way through the current year but I think that I am well on track for this years challenge and I dont feel that challenged. When I started the challenge I thought I would be but so far I have not been.

The options for next year is between cables and colour work. I have knitted cables again this year and I just disliked it so much that I have not done another cable project since then.  It is either sort out the cable dislike or the fancy colour work dislike. I have done fair isle and interstarsia before liked the outcomes but not been really enamoured with the technique. I think I have a project for the colour work as I have recently queued a duck patterned pair of socks.

Christmas present wise - well I have six months to go but I have to finish graduation presents off and I only have about month to go for the mass graduation weeks. So I need to get a wriggle on. I also have to sort out my fibre for next month as I have signed up for the Tour de Fleece.

No comments:

Post a Comment