Wednesday 20 January 2010

Fallout from the Snow

We had a lovely enforced break thanks to the snow during the Christmas period but as a result there has been an absolute panic by students to meet the early January deadlines. One institution I work at provided an automatic one week extension the other did not even consider this option even though all the facilities were closed so students were unable to access their resources on the various campuses.


On the knitting and crafting front I have been waiting and waiting for some yarn and fibre that I ordered so that I could knit J’s version of the R’s Xmas pressie. You remember that moment of insanity I had during Christmas week were I knitted a small mans size jumper in less than 48 hours. I want to get this sweater done for the father of the boy before his birthday in March but it will be a case of holding onto the wool and not starting the project straight away as I have decided that I will use the Winter Olympics to challenge myself to complete this gorilla size project. The Dad size is 4XL and is estimated to take over 30 balls.........

Yes I will need the motivation... This weekend I am really looking forward to a spinning day with the North Cheshire Spinners and Weavers Guild in a little village called CROFT.... Yeap thats the name of the village. I have driven through the CROFT Interchange on the M6 and M62 for years and not had a clue about where the name came from. Well I am going to find this village and undertake my desired next fibre challenge to learn to spin properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment