Friday 8 July 2011

I think I can I think I can

I think I can said the little engine. At this stage of the tour de fleece I am already displaying signs of injury. I have got some sensitivity in the finger tips of my left hand. I think I have been pinching the twist to hard. While I have got one bobbin done I am not pushing for a second bobbin today as I am taking it as a slower day - that makes 3 down about 27 to go. Instead I am doing something about the pig sty which is better known as my coal bunker.

Yarn barf every where
I have let the children in there too often and as a result they have ratted around a little more than I like.  To the point I can not find anything. So today I decided was D-day to go through and get it reorganised in preparation for the new academic year. At some stage I am going to have to repaint it but that is not likely to be this summer. I made some project bags to help sort some of my yarn projects.  I sorted out some fabric to be sent off to the charity shop.  I know me putting fabric out the door is a totally strange concept but I felt that I was never going to use it and therefore it was better off in someone else's fabric stash.  I almost did some yarn but then my yarn hoarding tendencies come over myself and I held onto the yarn.  It is a box where if I dont find a use for it in the next six weeks I will send it out to someone else.

3 comments:

  1. Giving fabric to the charity shop? Where is this charity shop? Lol, ours hasn't even had any yarn lately, so I'm sure your stuff will find a new home soon!
    I think I need to do a sort out today as my stuff is taking over the place again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be somewhere on Ormskirk high Street if does not get nabbed in the back room of one of the charity shops first next week. Ormskirk's main street goes Charity shop next to Charity shop. We have more Charity shops than any other type of shops. Hummm do you think the council planners go it wrong? Yeap by a long shot we need some retail diversity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm pedalling down to Ormskirk on Monday and always, ALWAYS check out the charity shops :)
    Quite happy really with the number of charity shops, but I do find the number of new bar/bistro's cropping up to be a bit much. Oh and the betting shops. Maybe everyone is spending so much in the bars and bookies that they can only afford the charity shop for actual "stuff"? At least you have more diversity than just up the road where I am. Think under concrete and you'll know where ;-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete