Wednesday 6 July 2011

Day 5 of the Tour de Fleece

Today I had to face up to the fact it was time to bite that bullet and start the challenge of spinning a fleece worth of yarn up for hubby.  Yeap that means I have to start carding and preparing fibre.  Nope dont want to spend my life playing with combs and carders.  Why is when you want certain objects you can not find them for love nor money?  Don't answer that...  Yes I know my house is a tip at the moment as I am domestic slattern.  I am working on the tip of the house with a good action plan.  ie I do a chore and then I can knit or spin for half an hour.  I am pacing self as it is important with fibromyalgia but the pain in the neck moment is when you just finished cleaning something up a kid comes through and it was worse than before.  Sometimes I knit so I don't kill people. No I am not kidding it is called anger management and pain distraction.

So yesterday I started and finished 120 grams of Shetland and it is a nice single see pretty picture of the ball. This means I have to start on the Moorit Shetland for hubby.  I thought since I had the afternoon off from work today I would attend the Treadle and Chatter group in Ormskirk at the Knit Wise.  So since I could not find my carders one of the dog detatchers attended with me.  I can see that this is going to be a very long process to get through all of this Moorit.


This morning after tidying up some odds and ends in the kitchen and increasing our recycling pile I managed to block a shawl that I knitted a couple of weeks ago.


It is a Ginkgo Shoulderette Shawl by Maggie Magali.  It was made up using 1 skein of Araucania Ranco Multi colour. This again was very quick knit and I really really want to do a larger size one for myself in a very very bright colour.  I am thinking an eggy yellow or a fluro orange.  I don't know why but I can just see this shawl in those type of colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment