Friday 5 March 2010

First Shoots of Spring

After weeks of watching green shoots and little buds waiting for the blooms to open today I sighted a lone daffodil opening up in the sea of green grass. I have seen some buds on the magnolias and my cherry tree looks like it is going to flower soon but not just yet.

I think the late winter cold snap has held back the spring flowers for about a month and I am starting to wonder if the cherry tree will blossom.

I still can not get into the swing of some major knitting so I have been looking at some Easter patterns and found a lovely pattern for easter egss and baby chicken/ducks. I got the pattern from Purl Soho blog.

It is March and I am supposed to be knitting a Bitterroot with the Rav Tav gang but I seem to have a problem with my gauge and I am just not liking the three attempts I tried get gauge with one wool. I can not quiet put my finger on what is I dont like. I have knitted Chart A and then ripped it out three times now.

No comments:

Post a Comment