Sunday 1 November 2009

Still Breathing

After getting the lergy from hell and ending up with pneumonia I would like to say I am on the mend. Ok I cant walk very far and I get breathless in my own lounge chair but I am no longer doing that thing where I think that potential of never ever breathing again is a definite possible outcome of the latest coughing fit. I am still sleeping in propped at almost 90 degrees but it means that I get sleep, something I was sorely lacking at several stages during the last couple of weeks. I have been prodded and poked by the quacks and their offsiders to be thoroughly sick and tired of medical personnel. Daughter never share give your mother your lergy the extreme virus from hell with legs on it which knocked her for six again. We share good things but keep a illness to ourselves in future! Yes! A good idea.

Thanks to the lergy which rugby tackled me to the ground I ended up giving up on knitting. Yeap you heard right I gave up trying to knit. But I found that I was
  1. coughing so hard that I was dropping stiches of my October lace KAL scarf
  2. so weak that I could not do a full row without at rest or two or three.
  3. could not walk more than 2 meters without a rest and therefore could not get the next ball to finish of some Auntie knitting
  4. was so sick I had to have almost 2 weeks off from paid work which is not good for stash.
  5. was still so sick I had to cancel a dye day.....

So at this stage I have not done very much knitting in the last month. I am so far behind on the KAL knitting and I am wondering if I have to order another skein of yarn from Chris so I can finish it. The Saskia is supposed to help with my Christmas Present list.

I feel so guilty about all the sessions I have missed with Students but I really was not up to it. I was silly enough to try and go into work one day towards the end of last week, blame it on the steroids making me think I could do it. After a 1 hour session with a student I went to sleep in the chair at work. Someone finally said to me - We know you are really sick you should go home. I did crawl back into my bed and almost died of embarrassment. How could I fall asleep in a chair at work?

I am now on yet another course of steroids, horse tablet size antibiotics, pain killers and a cough medicine that is so foul that you only want to take it if will soothe your inflamed tissues. During the last two week I even gave up driving , yeap that's how bad I was. Husband shuttle service has been in action and he reckons the x-ray department must know all my details by now. But they have to ask these questions before taking yet another image of the completely crappy lungs.

I am actually thinking about going into work on Monday. It will be 1/2 day but I have to get back on the horse which bucked me and also I want some yarn for my stash so I have to earn some money. Strange concept work = money.

It has also been half term here so I am ready and counting the hours until the children return to school. I think that they are too. It has not been much fun for them having me home and not well but I think karma is great at making an individual pay back. Ry and Rh have both been ill with the lergy and mother duly nursed them through the crotchets and temper tantrums. So looking after mother during half term total karmic pay back.

No comments:

Post a Comment