Friday 12 October 2012

The Black Dog

Like many individuals I suffer from the black dog also known as depression and anxiety.  It  might surprise some people who have met me in person that I have to deal with mutt.  My black dog comes from a number issues such as PTSD and SAD.  The Seasonal Affective Disorder was a problem in the tropics but when I moved further into a temperate climate it became more of a problem. I am one of these people who need sunshine to be sunny. 

Since the summer I have been in a downward spiral which I tried to ignore how bad I was getting as I was being pigheaded about needing to be medicated again.  I don't like medication I hate medication so I try to use exercise and light to help.  I was being pig headed about needing to be medicated so early in the season.  Normally I can get to January before getting to the point of Ok it is time for Meds. But not this year. In January I can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel with the count down to spring. 

This time the DH organised (cajoled, strongly suggested, frog marched) me into making an appointment and seeing the doctor.  Yeap I really like scoring so high on the depression index (24/28) So it is back on the meds and hopefully we will start to see an improvement in about four weeks when the meds finally start to kick in.

No comments:

Post a Comment